Sunday, June 15, 2008

Boys Town

Before I went to boy’s town, I had the image of a slightly chaotic place where boys were divided into factions, and you would see two or three large groups segregated from each other. This could not be further from the truth, and I have Lord of the Flies to partially blame. The town seemed very clean and organized. Everything down to the condition of the one boy’s room was in perfect order. There was no chaos (in fact, I’m pretty sure I could count on one hand, the number of boys I actually saw during the visit). The place seemed like it would help give the boys a good education. Heck, the computers at boys town looked newer than the ones we have at the Sede! It is horrible what these kids had to go through, but boy’s town looks like a place where these kids can make the best out of the situation that they were given and go on to lead a positive life.

No comments: